The selection process is based on the following;
1. Applicants must be of African American descent,
male or female, ages 17 to 24, and born in the United States. Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 by
the application deadline, and have a demonstrated financial need.
2. Applicants designated for financial assistance
shall be chosen by members of the board, who may require that the applicant appear for a personal or telephone interview.
3. Each applicant will be required to give authorization for the institution of higher learning to release to the
Watts Charity records of his or her work and any other pertinent data.
4. The Watts Charity must be satisfied that
the applicant intends to pursue his or her education for at least two years at the institution or training and study center
of his or her choice.
5. Recipients shall be required to submit to the Watts Charity, BY JUNE 1ST OF EACH
YEAR, a current transcript of grades, a current resume, and an application form in order to be eligible scholarship award.
STUDENTS MAY APPLY FOR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOUR SCHOLARSHIPS